Wednesday, August 13, 2008

23 Things – The First Thing

I'm ready to get my feet wet! I know about blogs, I've read blogs, I've commented to blogs, but I've never made a blog - until now! I am hoping to learn how to improve my classes, increase communications with students and parents, and pass along the knowledge I acquire to the teachers I work with. I want to learn to podcast, wiki and blog and to figure out how to utilize all this in my class or on my web page. I also feel there are many terms I've heard, but am unsure of what they really are, for example widgets. I picture them as little tiny robots with lots of gears. Probably comes from watching too many Disney movies with my kids when they were younger. Hopefully I can learn enough to not look or sound like an idiot, especially since I am the tech person for my school!

1 comment:

Ron Houtman said...

Fran - in reference to the last sentence... don't ever worry about that. I am the geekiest/techie person I know and still have 9 year olds show me new technology related stuff.

There is no way you can know everything. My answer is I don't know is to say - "I'll find out...'

:)