Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thing 12 - On with the show!

I tried the Zoho Show. Again I like Power Point better but it's pretty good if you don't own PPT. I made a show and published it here. http://show.zoho.com/public/adacutandpaste/Thing%2012%20-%20Zoho%20Show

I think this could be a good multi media lesson for students. I do Powerpoint presentations with 4th graders and not all of them have PPT at home. I may show them this once they've learned powerpoint as an option for those who don't have PPT and want to make shows at home for school. They would have to post it to the web publically though. I tried exporting and saving as both a powerpoint doc and a powerpoint show and I couldn't get either one to open on my computer in the powerpoint application.

I tried Library thing http://www.librarything.com/ I love that. I belong to a book club and want to use it to help remember names of books read there as well as at home. I think it's great! Teachers could easily use it to list books they suggest students read. Great product and very easy to use.

1 comment:

Ron Houtman said...

One of the cool things about using ZOHO or Google Docs is that the kids that don't have MS Office - can still create things for class... it lessons the divide a bit and serves to level the playing field.