Saturday, September 13, 2008

Thing 13 - the show must go on

I took a look at the options. Thumbstacks is easy and most like a standard presentation. Students could use this for classroom presentations. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of PowerPoint, but it is sufficiant for simple presentations. It can be pulled up on any computer, PC or Mac, without any particular program as long as it has internet, so that's a plus. And it's free. I made this 3 page slideshow in a few minutes, (once I made the pictures public in Flickr) http://www.thumbstacks.com/play.html?show=a7847230f1803952ab692df4b0543591

Slideshare you have to have a slideshow to download, so you need a program to begin with, but then you can open it anywhere or email the link and someone could see it on the other side of the world without the same program. I like the idea of combining a slideshow and a podcast to make a webcast. I might use that to show students or other teachers how to use some programs or websites.

Slide is super easy and very cool. Kids will like it, but it's not a school or professional slidshow. It is fun though! I made this in about 1 minute http://www.slide.com/r/zq_Nl4ds2z-u1_4GtSdPZmccT5k-K_HJ?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original
I can see using this to share pictures with family and friends.

1 comment:

Spedding into Technology said...

I loved your slide slide show. The fish are beautiful...I think kids would love making these slide shows