Friday, October 3, 2008

Thing 21 - Be still my twittering heart!

I was not terribly impressed by any of the microblogging sites. Pownce "looked" the nicest and Twitter seemed to have the most traffic. I see no real use for me at all, either at home or work. Using an instant message program seems to serve the purpose that these would for me. To do a blog to share opinions and ideas or to get or dispense help is fine, but other forms of "permanent" dialog on the web bothers me. Then again I am not into Facebook or anything like that either. My college kids are into Facebook and that makes me nervous. I hope things posted don't come back to bite them. Some stuff I read on these spaces, without even being a member, and the pictures! wow! Some stuff was pretty personal. I don't think I'd ever use this form of technology. It's just not for me.

No comments: